Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sony Lens Choices - Wide Angle

I recently damaged my 18-250mm Sony lens and was looking for a replacement. A replacement that would work and work well on my A55 APS-C and on the new A99 FF(rumoured).
I went to 2 stores to compare my options
.
Below are the test images I took with each of the following lenses.
1. Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM
2. Sony 16-50mm DT F2.8 SSM
3. Sony 11-18mm DT F4.5-5.6
4. Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6
5. Tamron 10-24mm (Couldn't find one in shop to test, pity).

The problem here is that most of the lenses are in the DT or APS-C format. The only good FF lens is number 1. It’s a pity it only goes up to 35mm. It’s also a pity this lens is almost 3x the price of the others.
The 16-50mm is the new lens that comes on the A77 and I must say it’s a great lens, as good at the 16-35mm. It was quick and quiet but its DT which means putting it on a FF body won't give me the required outcome.
So if I pick lens #2 then when the A99 comes out and if its FF then it means buying another lens. A more costly route in the long run but cheaper now.
So here are some of the sample shots for your review. 
All I’ve done is convert them from RAW to JPG.
LENS PICS 
Please comment and let me know what you think. 


Example...



No comments:

Post a Comment